Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I am for an Art...

I am for an art that kicks ass and takes names.

I am for an art that blows my mind to bits.

I am for an art that rockets me into the future. 

I am for an art that puts me in a never time.

I am for an art that shoots planets and stars together into fiery light. 

I am for an art that has me scrambling to put my organs back into my body.

I am for an art that makes me really hungry. 

I am for an art that shocks my hairs into goosebumps. 

I am for an art that shaves thin layers of skin off my finger. 

I am for an art that sizzles with butter and olive oil. 

I am for an art that creases my brow and folds me in half.

I am for an art that has me saying, "Huh?"

I am for an art that splashes on my forehead and floods the halls. 

I am for an art that rips the fabric of space and time into arithmetic. 

I am for an art the implodes all over the gravel as strawberry jam.

I am for an art that doesn't take shit from no one.

I am for an art that hums a song that isn't real.

I am for an art that swallows me and spits me out as someone else. 

I am for an art that spoons me in the early morning. 

I am for an art that wipes mud off of the windows. 

I am for an art that loves diving into mud!

I am for an art that tirelessly stacks boxes. 

I am for an art that hides in my closet and gives me nightmares. 

I am for an art of a toothpick used to pick earwax. 

I am for an art you cut into a million pieces.

I am for an art riding a totally gnarly wave. 

I am for the art of my mother's red pen.

I am for the art you warned me about.

I am for an art yearning to meet that special ism.

I am for an art that flips you off.

I am for an art that threatens you if you look at it funny.

I am for an art sliding down a shear cliff into a coffee ocean.

I am for an art that gives me no answers.

I am for an art that gives me all the answers.

I am for an art that shines in a pitch black room.

I am for an art that hates me.

I am for an art that loves me.

I am for the art of delicate persuasion. 

I am for an art that uses a crowbar to lift taffy off the floor.

I am for an art that is alliterative and noisy.

I am for an art busting out of prison. 

I am for the art ready to bite.

I am for the art mapping out the broken dreams of childhood.

I am for the art of blasphemous giggles and blushing altar boys.

I am for an art that takes itself too damn seriously.

I am for artist's who make art. 

I am for totally redundant art.

I am for artistic shower heads and over beautiful mundane objects.

I am for an art that lowers you into the well.

I am for the art of slap happy apprentices in the sumo school.

I am for the art of dead birds, snakes, family cats, and baby rabbits in my backyard.

I am for the art of hopeless tears.

I am for the art a box turtles scrape and the waxy eggs inside.

I am for an art that carves out a log for knick knacks and antique toys.

I am for an art that destroys me inside and out.

I am for the art of beads out of bone and elaborate walking sticks.

I am for the art of a ladybug on your finger and a worm writhing in your palm.

I am for an art shivering behind the service entrance, taking a desperate smoke. 

I am for an art that doesn't apologize for its faults.

I am for an art that takes my lunch money.

I am for the art of pigtails, pig tails, and tail pigs.

I am for an art that wants to an astronaut when it grows up.

I am for art that knows me best.

No comments:

Post a Comment