Sunday, March 1, 2009

Rococo - Sexy or Innocent?



First of all I would like to show you this comparative image.
This is a comparison of Fragonard's original "The Swing" and juxtaposed by Glen Keane's concept art for the newly in production "Rapunzel" by Disney. Glean Keane is an old world traditional animator and often looks to old masterpieces for inspiration in Disney films, for example he directly used Michelangelo's "Dying Slaves" as reference for the Beast's transformation scene in "Beauty and the Beast." Upon second glance, the influence is quite apparent. This film, Rapunzel, is unfortunately going to be his first film with 3d animation. 
PITY.

I also created my own work (pretty crappy I must say) which has two very strong meanings, at least I hope it does. 
Entitled "For the Love of God"
I looked at a lot of Pantocrators for reference on the hands, halo, and hair. Hope it makes sense. 

I'm beginning to really enjoy pens with India Ink, as the Brush pen I used does. It makes very strong lines and it feels much more comfortable than a pencil (ever since I broke my left middle finger). If you want to see more work, just ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment