Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Found some notes - what the hell????








I found these notes ripped within a book of Dance Posters in the Library. I have to tell you - it doesn't make a lick of sense to me, even when they fit together (except for band names). 
I'll write out the notes on each paper:
1. wind shadows - coyote oldman
2. door, merchant, runner, lava
3. artist, slav, the big, Jector
4. #68, #83, (dis)sturbs sleep, lonesome
5. on the road, machine, explosions, so long
6. stroumines (?), with, golden, moses, boring, tapes, emergence, team, to Helicon, (w)altz
7. enowish, Sbach, a silver mt. zion, explosions in the sky, Godspeed you! black emperor, sigur ros, nuage III, mogwai,  77 #36, p., Sylvain, Chavoud, Goldmund, New

Seems like a musician writing down notes about musical artists and perhaps potential song titles. Also, a lot of French is in here, especially nuage which means cloud. I looked it up and I found Sylvan Chavoud wrote  song named Nuage (clears that up). As I look deeper into google about each of these phrases, it is clear that most of these phrases are band names. Perhaps the writer of these notes was a dance student, who needed music for some choreography. That seems to be one of my only ideas in terms of why they were in a book full of dance posters. Maybe they had already picked their song (or songs) and had ripped the paper to note posters they liked. Maybe they were looking for ideas for their choreography's visual look. I don't know, but I like this idea!
Moral: first impressions may be strange and alluring, but often the truth (or assumed truth) can be much less otherworldly.

No comments:

Post a Comment